This accessibility statement applies to www.mosl.co.uk.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
To assist with the accessibility of mosl.co.uk, we have embedded an assistive toolbar from Recite Me on each webpage. This toolbar includes the following features:
- Audio playback - Have website text read back to you
- Text options - Increase or decrease the font size, and choose between 10 different fonts
- Colours - Change the background, text and link colours
- Ruler tool - Track a page using a full-width ruler
- Screen mask - Create a letterbox view for focused viewing of a section of a page
- Dictionary - Find definitions of words
- Language - Translate the text into 100 different languages, including 35 text to speech languages
- Magnifier - Magnify text on screen
- Text mode - Remove imagery and view as plain text
- Margins - Change text dimensions by narrowing or widening column widths
- Download audio - Download text as an audio file.
Users can access the toolbar by selecting the 'Accessibility options' at the top of any page of the MOSL website. Users can save, adjust or reset their settings at any time. There is also a user guide for further assistance. The toolbar can also be used via keyboard shortcuts, the list of which is available in the user guide.
Dashboards and maps
- Higher contrasting colours
Clear labelling using 'show on zoom' feature
Improved colour transparency control using zoom feature to prevent colours merging.
Accessible versions of MOSL reports
These documents have been amended to increase accessibility. This includes:
- Colour changes (higher contrast colours, added textures)
- Alt-tag descriptions to images
- Adding header titles/values to tables
- Adding a reading order.
We are aware that detailed timelines and charts may not be accessible to all, therefore we aim to provide descriptions where possible as well as include key milestones/figures within the page copy, reducing the reliance on the chart itself.
We are aware that there are a number of elements of our website that are inaccessible. These include:
- MOSL website colours: We are aware that these colours do not provide sufficient contrast.
- MOSL website documentation: We are aware that the majority of our downloadable content (e.g. PDFs, Microsoft Excel documents, Microsoft Word documents) is inaccessible. We ensure that we produce more accessible versions of our larger published reports (e.g. business plans), and ensure our monthly Market Focus publication passes Adobe PDF accessibility checks.
- Not all of our videos include closed captioning and may be produced in a format that is inaccessible to those who are vision impaired. From June 2023 we committed to including accurate closed captioning to all public videos on the MOSL website, and will endevaour to review accessibility of our produced videos (e.g. animations).
- On pages where more than one video embed is present, we are unable to differentiate between button labels for screen readers due to third-party restrictions.
This section will be updated as our accessibility work progresses.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website and are committed to learning from its users. If you have any issues accessing or consuming our content, please contact email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was published on 17 May 2023 and was last updated on 26 February 2024.