Strategic User Forum
The Strategic User Forum is a collaborative, strategic group aiming to address barriers to market improvement and innovation, identify appropriate channels to continue to advance the market and deliver better outcomes for customers. Members use the forum to identify risks and challenges to the operation of the market and suggest suitable solutions.
Each trading party is entitled to one representative on the Strategic User Forum, which is chaired by MOSL’s CEO Sarah McMath. Representatives from CCW, Ofwat, UK Water Retailer Council (UKWRC) and Water UK can attend meetings and other guests may be invited to provide updates.
At its first meeting, the Strategic User Forum agreed a set of guiding principles:
- Customer focus – placing the customer voice at the heart of group’s initiatives to advance the market for the benefit of its users.
- Simplicity – looking to simplify and remove barriers that hinder innovation and prevent the market from achieving its collective vision, whilst using a critical ‘eye’ and challenging status quo set by current rules and codes.
- Collaborative approach – working collaboratively, including across the various existing working groups and initiatives, to achieve the collective strategic vision of the market.
- Transparency – ensuring there is sufficient transparency between this forum and Defra, Ofwat and other groups within MOSL.
- Open engagement – creating the ability for all members of this forum to contribute.
- Efficiency - strategic initiatives should be prioritised efficiently and effectively.
Strategic User Forum meetings
The Strategic User Forum is held virtually at least once a quarter, and meeting details – including a headline report from each meeting – are published on this page.
|Strategic User Forum - May 2021||10/05/2021|
|Strategic User Forum||12/02/2021|
|Strategic User Forum - February 2021||12/02/2021|
|Strategic User Forum||18/12/2020|
|Strategic User Forum 03||18/12/2020|
|Strategic User Forum||20/11/2020|
|Strategic User Forum 02||20/11/2020|
|Strategic User Forum 01||15/10/2020|
|Strategic User Forum||15/10/2020|