Market Performance Committee
The Market Performance Committee (MPC), is a Committee of the Panel, and its authority is assigned as such. The Panel established the MPC in accordance with Schedule 10 of the Market Arrangements Code (MAC).
What does the Committee do?
The purpose of the MPC is to provide oversight on market performance. It will monitor overall performance of the market, ensure rectification of trading party underperformance and provide advice on Market Entry Assurance.
The MPC's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Make recommendations for changes to the Wholesale Retail Code (WRC) (including any Code Subsidiary Document (CSD)) in order to enhance the Market Performance Framework
- Make recommendations on Performance Rectification Plan (PRPs) for a trading party to remedy any performance issue escalated to the MPC and monitoring their progress against such plan
- Provide input to the Annual Market Performance Report (AMPR) and annual Market Performance Operating Plan (MPOP)
- Review and provide recommendations on the scope and level of the Market Performance Standards (MPS) and Operational Performance Standards (OPS) and recommend potential change proposals to the Panel
- Any functions delegated by the Strategic Panel in relation to the Market Entry Assurance (MEA) and Market Reassurance processes.
The MPC consists of the following wholesale and retail members:
- Pamela Taylor - Chair (Independent)
- Wendy Monk - Retailer Member (Wave Utilities)
- Michael Rathbone - Wholesaler Member (Severn Trent)
- Jesse Wright - Wholesaler Member (United Utilities)
- Trevor Nelson - Retailer Member (Business Stream)
- Gerard Lyden - Wholesaler Member (Thames Water)
- Claire Yeates - Retailer Member (Waterscan)
- Adam Boyns - Customer Representative (CCW)
There is also a representative from Ofwat who holds a non-voting seat.
The MPC is likely to meet on a monthly basis. The dates, agendas, minutes and papers are available in the table below.