Diversity and Inclusion Commitments
MOSL is a company that is committed to its people and ensuring that we are designed to deliver for the market we operate. In order to best deliver our role, it is essential that we bring diverse thoughts, backgrounds and experiences into our team. That’s why are delighted to announce that we are part of the Energy and Utilities Skills Partnership Inclusion Commitment.
As the 44th company to join the Inclusion Commitment since its launch we join a number of UK water companies, trade associations and professional bodies who have committed to promote diversity and inclusion across the sector.
The Inclusion Commitment reflects the priorities outlined by the energy and utilities sector as part of the Workforce Renewal and Skills Strategy work collaboratively as a sector to drive change, challenge ourselves to do things differently, and share best practice to support the delivery of sector priorities.
Only four per cent of the water sector’s employees are from black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) groups compared to 15 per cent nationally. Whilst at MOSL we are able to celebrate BAME representation of consistently more than 25 per cent of MOSL’s workforce, we know we have more work to do to focus on inclusion in its entirety and ensure representation at every level of the business.
Our CEO, Sarah McMath, said: “I am proud to add MOSL to the Inclusion Commitment. As the market operator for the non-household water market we have a commitment to provide insight and challenge to advance the market for the benefit of its customers. We are committed to recruiting and developing talented people who reflect the communities in which we operate - with a longer-term vision that they will see their future careers developing within the utilities sector.”
Colleagues in MOSL have established the Diversity Society, which is an Employee Resource Group (ERG) where members share stories and experiences from their varied cultural backgrounds. Colleagues discuss topics close to their heart, talk about Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) issues, present items to the wider MOSL team and generally support in shaping People policies.
MOSL's Modern Slavery Statement
On 26 July the MOSL Board formally approved the publication of MOSL’s Modern Slavery Statement for the financial year ending March 2024.
The statement covers:
- Our organisational structure
- The policies and procedures we have in place to minimise the risk of modern slavery
- The due diligence and risk assessment that has been undertaken within our organisation to tackle modern slavery
- Our commitment to an ongoing responsibility of identifying and eliminating modern slavery and human trafficking
MOSL is not legally obliged to publish this statement under the Modern Slavery Act, however we believe it supports our commitment to greater transparency and to maintain a safe working environment for colleagues. The statement demonstrates MOSL’s commitment to standing against modern slavery.
MOSL is proud to be Disability Confident. Disability Confident is about creating a movement of change, encouraging us all to think differently about disability and take action to ensure we create an inclusive environment to enable all existing and future colleagues to grow, develop and perform.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies, displaying the Disability Confident badge on our job adverts
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the position
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to hopefully stay in work.
In addition, we will:
- Work in partnership with trading parties on programmes that offer interviews and work experience to people with disabilities
- Be open to feedback and actively invite charities and organisations that support people with disabilities to support our learning and help us improve and access the widest pool of talent.
You can find more information on Disability Confident here.